With this version of Em11/G, your middle finger is placed on the 6th string (E string), 3rd fret. You'll want to lightly cover the 5th string (A string) in order to mute it.
How to Play Em11/G on the Guitar:
- Place Your Left Index Finger on the 3rd String, 2nd Fret
- Place Your Left Middle Finger on the 6th String, 3rd Fret
- Place Your Left Ring Finger on the 2nd String, 3rd Fret
- Strings 1 and 4 are used in this Em11/G chord, but are not fretted - they are called open strings
- String 5 is not used in this chord and can be muted by slightly covering it with your middle finger
What do you think of the Em11/G chord? Do you know of other awesome sounding chords? Please share your feedback with us below!