How to Play Dadd2/F# on the Guitar:
- Place Your Left Index Finger on the 6th String, 2nd Fret
- Place Your Left Middle Finger on the 3rd String, 2nd Fret
- Place Your Left Ring Finger on the 2nd String, 3rd Fret
- Strings 1 and 4 are used in this Dadd2/F# chord, but are not fretted - they are called open strings
- String 5 is not used in this chord and can be muted by slightly covering it with your index finger
One idea to explore is keeping the chord shape in place, but moving the 2nd fret on the 6th string (E String) to an open string, 1st fret or 3rd fret. You'll most likely need to use your pinky to cover the 3rd fret. I like to walk down the 3rd, 2nd, 1st and open string on E and I think it could be an interesting concept to be used in a song. It's up to you, so have fun and experiment with this one!
What do you think of the Dadd2/F# chord? Do you know of any other awesome chords? Please share your feedback with us below!