How to Play Aadd9 on the Guitar:
- Place Your Left Index Finger on the 6th String, 5th Fret
- Place Your Left Middle Finger on the 3rd String, 6th Fret
- Place Your Left Ring Finger on the 5th String, 7th Fret
- Place Your Left Pinky on the 4th String, 7th Fret
- Strings 1 and 2 are used in this Aadd9 chord, but are not fretted - they are called open strings
It took me a long time to discover this chord, but now find myself wanting to use it often in my playing. You can also slide this chord shape up a whole step (2 frets) and you'll hear a Badd4, which sounds awesome too! Check it out!
Play Aadd9 on your guitar and practice along with the above video. What do you think of this sound? Share your feedback with us below!