How to Play GMaj7 on the Guitar:
- Place Your Left Index Finger on the 6th String, 3rd Fret
- Place Your Left Middle Finger on the 2nd String, 3rd Fret
- Place Your Left Ring Finger on the 4th String, 4th Fret
- Place Your Left Pinky on the 3rd String, 4th Fret
- Strings 1 and 5 are not used in this Gmaj7 chord
As with other awesome chords I've covered in the past, you can freeze the chord shape and move it up and down the fretboard to hear other major 7 chords in a different key. The guitar fretboard is a like a giant puzzle and the picture will become clearer with practice and experience. Have fun and enjoy today's "puzzle piece"!
Do you use the Gmaj7 chord in your guitar playing? Know of any other awesome chords? Please share your feedback with us below!