How to play C Major 7 on the Guitar:
- Barre Your Left Index Finger across Strings 1 through 5 on the 3rd Fret
- Place Your Left Middle Finger on the 3rd String, 4th Fret
- Place Your Left Ring Finger on the 4th String, 5th Fret
- Place Your Left Pinky on the 2nd String, 5th Fret
- String 6 is not used for this Cmaj7 chord
Since this is a barre chord, it is often challenging for a beginner guitarist. Take your time with this one. You can also practice move this chord shape up and down the fretboard to hear major 7 chords with different roots.
Do you use Cmaj7 in your guitar playing? Do you play this chord on a different fret or with a different finger positioning? Please share your feedback with us below!