- It's a fun chord to learn as a beginner player - all of the notes are in the open position
- The shape of a D7 looks like an upside-down D Major chord!
- Strings 1 (the high E string), 2 (the B string) and 3 (the G string) form a triad shape.
How to play a D7 chord on the guitar:
- Place Your Left Index Finger on the 2nd String, 1st Fret
- Place Your Left Middle Finger on the 3rd String, 2nd Fret
- Place Your Left Ring Finger on the 1st String, 2nd Fret
- String 4 is used in this D7 Chord, but is not fretted - it is called an open string
- Strings 6 and 5 are not used in this D7 Chord
Do you have any favorite songs that use a D7 chord? Please leave a comment and share your feedback!