Check out the below video to practice playing a D Minor:
How to Play D Minor on the Guitar:
- Place Your Left Index Finger on the 1st String, 1st Fret
- Place Your Left Middle Finger on the 3rd String, 2nd Fret
- Place Your Left Ring Finger on the 2nd String, 3rd Fret
- String 4 is used in this D Minor Chord, but is not fretted - it is called an open string
- Strings 6 and 5 are not used in this D Minor Chord
This version is an open position D Minor which does not require you to barre any strings. It's a great chord to know and will serve you well on your guitar journey, so take it slow and make sure you've got this one down.
Do you have any favorite songs that use D Minor? Did you have difficulty with this chord as a beginner guitarist? Please share your feedback with us!