It's time to review another set of Marty Schwartz DVD's! As I mentioned in previous posts, I am a member of Marty's Guitar Coaching Club and received all of his DVD's by mail. So, I've been taking some time now to work through the vast collection of instructional material I purchased.
Many people know Marty from his free online guitar videos through YouTube. Through his website, GuitarJamz.com, he also offers DVD's for sale. Today, I will be reviewing his Beginner Acoustic Easy Songs Volume 7, 8, and 9 DVD set. This set continues along with great sounding progressions inspired by lots of famous songs.
What's great about this beginner set is that Marty focuses on using the basic major, minor and seventh chords to show you how to play so many famous songs. However, there are some important nuances when it comes to some of the chords, strumming patterns, embellishments, and other subtle things you can do to make your playing sound terrific. It's so cool to see how so many of these hit songs use the basic ingredients over and over again, just in different ways.
Similar to the earlier DVD's lessons reviewed in this set, Marty sometimes uses a guitar capo in order to make it easier for beginners. Also, make sure to have a guitar pick ready so you can practice along with these songs and become more comfortable with holding a pick while strumming along with other techniques such as alternate picking. When I was a beginner, I tended to focus more on the chords and not on the rhythm, so practicing along with both sides are very important when playing. Also, it's great to have tools in your guitar arsenal, and Marty delivers them with many great sounding chords, embellishments, riffs and strumming patterns.
If you enjoy music from artists such as Barenaked Ladies, Elton John, Jack Johnson, Coldplay, Taylor Swift, Johnny Cash, Jason Mraz, Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen, then I think you'll really enjoy these learning and playing through this 3 DVD set.
Marty will often break down the verse, pre-chorus, chorus and bridge for songs, but won't play through the entire song. However, most of the lessons will give you the main pieces needed to play through a song if you put them in the right order. I had fun going through Marty's lessons and then playing along with the official recording to see how well I grasped a song, especially for ones I really enjoyed listening to. Typically, these lessons are songs "inspired by" a certain musician but most often I was able to quickly match the lesson to the artist's song.
As with the other DVD sets, I did have some issues with my DVD's playing automatically in my computer. However, eventually I was able to play all of these 3 DVD's. Also, it seemed like a few of the lessons were pulled from YouTube lessons as the bottom of them mentioned clicking below to make a song request. I'm not sure how much of this content was exclusive to these DVD's, but overall, it was great fun playing through these songs and improving my skills on the acoustic guitar! Plus, it was nice to be able to have pre-selected content to help beginners on the acoustic guitar and I feel that this was accomplished with this complete set of 9 DVD's.
Are you ready to rock out to some easy beginner songs with Marty?
Click here to order Marty's Beginner Acoustic Easy Guitar Songs 7, 8 and 9 DVD package!
Marty offers these programs as either Value Bundle sets or as individual DVD's and CD's.
* Note: All of Marty's DVD's come with a full 12 Month No Questions asked return policy.
Value Bundle DVD and CD Sets:
- Marty's Guitar Coaching Club (BEST VALUE!)
- The Blues Master Class DVD Series, 15 Full DVDs + 5 Bonus DVD's
- Blues Domination 10 DVD Set
- Beginner Guitar Lessons 12 DVD Bundle
- Beginner 4 Pack DVD Set
- Beginner Acoustic Easy Guitar Songs Vol 1, 2, 3 (Read my review)
- Beginner Acoustic Easy Guitar Songs Vol 4, 5, 6 (Read my review)
- Beginner Acoustic Easy Guitar Songs Vol 7, 8, 9
- Acoustic Blues 5 DVD Set Plus 10 Jam Tracks (Read my review)
- Beginner Guitar Blues 4 Pack
- Fingerpicking Techniques 2-DVD Set
- Rock & Blues Rhythm Revolution 5-DVD Set
- Intermediate Blues 3 DVD Set
- Guitar Solo 4 DVD Set
- Guitar Licks Explosion 4 DVD Series
- Sizzling Country Licks 3 DVD Set
- Guitar Chord Expander & Rhythm Master 4 DVD Set (Read my review)
- Music Theory Survival Guide 4 DVD Set (Read my review)
- Intro To Jazz Guitar 3 DVD Set (Read my review)
- Jam Tracks 5 CD Super Set
Individual DVD's and CD's:
- Awesome Jam Tracks CD
- Beginner Acoustic DVD 1
- Beginner Acoustic DVD 2
- Beginner Rock Electric Guitar DVD
- Country DVD
- Funk Guitar Lesson DVD
- Guitar Blues DVD 1
- Guitar Blues DVD 2
- Guitar Blues DVD 3
- Guitar Blues Solo DVD 1
- Inspired Blues DVD
- Live Blues Student Lesson
- Mustang Sally Video Lesson DVD
- Quick Blues Licks DVD 1
GuitarJamz.com Digital Downloads:
- Hendrix Revealed - Digital Download Course (Read My Review)
- Killer Clapton Video Series (Read My Review)
- Beginner Acoustic Course for $1! (WOW!)
Marty's Guitar Coaching Club:
- Lifetime membership to GuitarJamz.com (which currently has over 1,500 online video lessons)!
- Every DVD that Marty has produced from GuitarJamz will be sent to you by mail!
All future DVD's from GuitarJamz will automatically be mailed to you!
Join Marty's Guitar Coaching Club! (BEST VALUE!)
Check out Marty's Guitar Video Lessons for 3 Full Days on GuitarJamz.com!
Click on the yellow "Order Now" button, no credit card is needed to take a free test drive. You'll receive premium access to over 1,500 videos from GuitarJamz for 3 days!
GuitarJamz.com Coupon Codes and Discounts:
The Value DVD bundle and CD sets seen above are typically discounted and many include extra bonuses. However, I have rarely come across any special GuitarJamz coupon or promo codes, with the exception of free access for 3 days to the premium video lessons on Marty's Members Only site (see above). If you are aware of any extra discounts, please feel free to leave a comment below.
Disclosure: Please note that I use an affiliate link to GuitarJamz.com and I will earn a commission if you purchase Marty's material through my link (at no extra cost to you). My advice is to start with his free YouTube video lessons (there are hours and hours of free content here!). If you do decide to purchase Marty's material I would really appreciate it if you can click through this affiliate link.